Kindergarten Readiness Report:
- Matilda went to bed only 40 minutes after the time sanctioned by her kindergarten teacher. Not too shabby for a first try I guess.
- Matilda will have one of her oldest preschool pals in her class. And 21 other kids. That is a lot of 5 year olds in one medium sized room.
- Lunch is ready and waiting in the fridge. New lunch box from Grandma Marge. New cute little bento box containers that hopefully she can open herself without dumping lunch in her lap (and hopefully don't get lost immediately). Her request was California rolls and miso soup. Since it is going to be outrageously hot tomorrow, I nixed the soup part. Sushi rolls, lots of pickled ginger, cukes, tomatoes, Triscuits, mandarin oranges and a juice box. Normally I will not pack a juice box but after SWEATING like crazy in her classroom with broken AC for an hour today I caved at the grocery store and wanted to get her anything hydrating I could. Among many other interesting facts at the orientation today I learned that kids can choose between chocolate and white milk on Friday only. Anthony, I thought you had resolved that problem?
- I also talked Matilda out of this outfit that she had chosen as her first day of school ensemble. The crazy hot velvet pants had me worried so instead she'll wear her new dress from Grammy.
- The Kindergarten teacher had us make these signs for pick up the first few days. I know she has a lot of us to get to know, but the whole thing screams airport chauffeur a bit too much for me.
- Porter had a high fever tonight so it seems he will not get to fully enjoy his first day of "Matilda vacation." We shall see. Regardless, I will report back tomorrow a.m. with First Day of School pics.