Tuesday, September 20

CSA Box

For a while now I have been flirting with the idea of getting a CSA box, but could never quite bite the bullet. Finally last week I signed up to try one. We love the experience of going to farmers market, but are not getting there as often as we like with all the other busy things going on in our lives. This morning our first scheduled delivery of fresh, organic produce showed up on our steps before 9 a.m. I had talked to the kids about it they were both really excited. Porter acted like it was Christmas and wanted to open the box immediately, before even taking it to the kitchen.

Our delivery included lettuce, arugula, carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes, bell peppers, apples, pears, pluots, and grapes.

 As soon as we opened it Porter ate some grapes and a pluot. He is always a good eater, but his excitement level made me think how signing up for produce delivery might get some picky eaters to try new things. Both my kids are intrigued by the farmer who brought us these things and that might translate to better eating for some kids out there.



I am excited to see how this experiment goes, especially as the seasons change and we get different items. Hopefully nothing languishes in the back of my fridge too long and I continue to see it as a fun challenge to use the box of surprise items we get each Tuesday.

No comments: