Wednesday, November 22

Randomness

We are finally beating the snotty funk around here and I may even trade my pajama pants for jeans and leave the house today. Wahoo, big excitement! I was planning to try to see The Departed at Mommy and Me this morning, but seeing as the movie starts in 5 minutes and Matilda is STILL sleeping (see Exhibit A) that plan has been derailed. She (or I should say we) hasn't been sleeping well the past days with her congestion. Now that she can breath better I would feel bad dragging her out of bed just to chase her up and down the aisle of a movie she didn't pick.


Yesterday we got some oilcloth to put under the high chair. Mind you the carpet was already nasty well before Matilda arrived but the pile of rejected food bits was rapidly growing. The oilcloth seemed like an easier cleaning solution for a carpeted dining area and after close inspection M seemed to approve.

I was very excited to get a shout out from Slashfood Monday after this post. Slashfood features a variety of food articles, recipes, news and reviews - it is a regular on my daily internet rounds. Speaking of foodie, the cranberries destined for sauce were too pretty so I had to take a quick picture before they met the blender. Make your sauce today; it always tastes better the next day! Plus it cuts out one of the millions of other tasks to do before the big meal. Although I can't complain, we aren't hosting this year. Alwyn is brining turkey for us right now!



And I will leave you with a gratuitous shot of Tim looking cute and Matilda in a ridiculous hat.

No comments: