Saturday, November 25

No Business Complaining

We had a really wonderful day at the beach. Matilda ate lots of sand, we ate yummy sandwiches with turkey and cranberry sauce on them, Tim & Matilda stalked the seagulls (or as he is trying to teach her, "sea chickens"), and I laid on the blanket in the sun relaxing. Yet I am going to complain anyways.

Nothing is going right tonight.

1. We were craving pizza for dinner. Our favorite pizza place, Casa Bianca, is a huge wait and we weren't up for that torture. We tried for 30 minutes to call for take out but the phone was busy. Finally we decided to try Albano's, a newly recommended local place. The pizza there was not at all acceptable and we are left with the unsatisfied pizza craving still!

2. My crafty Pointy Kitties projects are not going as well as I would like. They are cute but my sewing skills aren't quite up to snuff and the heads are attached really wobbly and they all have little openings in the seams where the legs and tail meet. While this forms a quite realistic bum, most stuffed animals I have encountered don't have such accurate anal areas.

3. Dessert of the month is turning out to be a disaster again. It is supposed to be Floating Islands with Chocolate Mousse and Creme Anglaise. However, the meringues did not seem to set right and are too small to scoop out and fill with mousse. I am trying to convince Tim what he really wanted was Chocolate Mousse with Creme Anglaise, Whipped Cream and raspberries. I told him next month he needs to choose something simple to restore my dessert confidence.

No comments: