Thursday, November 2

Getting Crafty

My first Pointy Kitty, dubbed Beta by Tim.

I was inspired by the gorgeous items I found at Wee Wonderfuls by Hillary to try my hand at making a stuffed animal. She has the free pattern for Point Kitty available for download. I was excited with my first attempt but hopeful I can improve my skills. Pointy Kitty's head is flopped a little bit too far downward and I am afraid her front legs are starting to sag from the weight of her head. I'll have to stuff them better next time. You can see many more Pointy Kitties that other people have made and posted photos of in a Flickr group here. It is really fun to see the creative little embellishments that others thought of.
Watch out Beta, Matilda wants to suck on your tail!

2 comments:

katie said...

I love your pointy kitty! Makes me want to learn to sew.

I found your blog on the NaBloPoMo Randomizer. Good luck this month!

Melissa said...

The pointy kitty is adorable.