Tuesday, November 9

Walkers

Tim has been a huge fan of the comic book series The Walking Dead right from the start. He was super duper thrilled when he found out AMC was making it into a tv show. Normally, I have a very strong no-zombie rule for all movies, videos, reading material, etc. Against my better judgment, I indulged Tim and watched the season premiere with him last Sunday. I did busy myself with a sewing project so I could look away as much as I wanted/needed to, but found myself watching more than I expected. I really liked the show and was pleasantly surprised to have a zombie-free night of sleep following that first episode, and the whole week since.

Last night, however, episode two caught up with me and I spent the whole night tossing and turning with thoughts of zombies. The many times that Porter woke me up, I would lay there thinking of the show. Then when I finally would get back to sleep, I had endless dreams of the undead. At one point in the night I was a zombie and accidentally turned Matilda and Porter into zombies by kissing them too much; apparently it is contagious via saliva. Tonight I am too tired for any tv time, but tomorrow I'll stick to some safe, fun Glee on Hulu. By next Sunday though, I'm pretty sure I'll be ready to watch a bit more zombie apocalypse.

No comments: