Saturday, November 6

Our New Motto: Something Fun Everyday

Today actually held several fun things for us. Matilda & I made the most of our time with a painting session while the boys went to music class. Matilda whistles the entire time she's painting.
When we ran out of paper, Matilda turned to this warty pumpkin.
We had yummy noodles on Sawtelle for lunch; this is the huge bowl that Tim & Matilda shared. Towards the end of the meal, Tim was talking about how he really liked my ramen soup broth and said how he noticed you could add individual toppings to customize your order. He suggested to Matilda that maybe next time they could get my broth with some of her beloved seaweed added. She gave him her blank-does-not-compute stare for a beat and then responded, "I just liked mine, I just want the same again next time. "
Porter must have been hungry and quite pleased with his lunch too, because for once he ate politely in the restaurant with no neanderthal behavior antics (other than eating with his hands).
Then we all went off to pick up my race packet for tomorrow's something fun. Porter was a crazed fool in the Sports Authority; a boy who had clearly found his element. Tim & I together could barely keep up with him and I swore off ever returning to a sporting goods store with Porter.

No comments: