Sunday, November 7

Mini Muddy Buddy

From the moment that Matilda found out I registered her for the Mini Muddy Buddy race she was adamant that she did not want to get muddy. Once we were at the starting line with the other kids she got all caught up in the excitment. Matilda went through the obstacle course like a champ!
She even went over the wall totally on her own without the helpers there for the 4 year olds, who were the youngest ones allowed in the mud.
I was hoping that enthusiasm would carry her through, but just short of the mud pit entrance she remembered. We looked like this for a good way through the mud:
I put her down for the last bit and by then she was fine with it and ran with me over the finish line. She now claims the mud pit was really cool and seems to have fond memories of it all.
The kids all got these great little frog medals that say Kids Love Dirt. Later in the day she slapped my bike helmet race sticker on my butt and claimed it said "Grown ups love Mud!"
Showing off her mud.
Even more impressive than venturing into the mud pit, Matilda was willing to go into the cold, splashy hose down free-for-all area! Here she is soaking wet, pre-change into fresh clothes.Relatively de-mudded and in unintentionally matchy-match post-race outfits.Already in training for next year, this crew did lots of laps in the field.
I hope we have lots more fun runs in our future!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool event!! Do I happen to know your blue Shirt?? Looks familiar...Love,Frusl