Monday, November 9

Meal Planning

While feeding Porter seems to be lots of fun right now, lately I am having the hardest time feeding the rest of the family. Each mealtime seems to sneak up on me before I have any idea of what to cook. All of a sudden it is 6pm, with no food in sight and we are in a mess of too-hungry-for-reason (me)/meltingdown-due-to-hunger(Matilda). As usual, I am still making a loose plan of what to cook for the week before I shop, but somehow the prep part is getting away from me.

Here's what we have on the docket for this week:
Pumpkin Soup of some variety
Cauliflower soup (our old standby)
Tofu Eggplant stir fry (from the first, scandalous Moosewood cookbook)
Black beans & rice (from the Dinosaur cookbook)
Artichoke frittata (source unknown)
Sides: creamed spinach, green salad, asparagus, cornbread

We will see if I can get through the list without resorting to take out pizza or fish tacos from around the corner!

No comments: