Tuesday, November 17

Sick Day

Actually, sick days is more appropriate. Everyday since Saturday, Matilda has had a different symptom of some unknown illness: cranky/miserableness, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or fever. Hopefully we can keep it all up and be done with it soon. She's been a really good sport about it. Since her re-discovery of diarrhea, yesterday, M has questioned everyone about their pooping preference: diarrhea and "regular poop." She will very emphatically tell you that she prefers regular pooping, not diarrhea. I don't think anyone will disagree with her there.

Matilda was very sad to miss school today (and even cried). School is closed for parent teacher conferences tomorrow so all the kids are going to one of our favorite local parks. I am very sad for her that she's missing a big school outing tomorrow, although she doesn't even know about it yet. We also have a make up music class scheduled for tomorrow morning. Hopefully Porter will manage to wake up without a fever tomorrow so at least he can go and benefit from the musical fun.

2 comments:

Rebecca Barry said...

I laughed out loud at Matilda telling people she prefers regular poops to diarrhea. It's good to let people know where you stand on important issues.

We've been dealing with tons of flu symptoms here, too. I opted out of flu shots for everyone because I felt like they'd already had the flu. (Also, we were too disorganized to sign up on time.) Am hoping that was the right decision. love to all of you, and I hope Matilda feels better soon!

Max's and Paul's Dad said...

We are also confronted with similar flu symptoms. Nearly the whole family (all but my wife) was ill in bed with intestinal flu this week. And I have to say I agree with Matilda's point of view absolutely. So I feel with you and wish Matilda & Porter a speedy recovery and fewer sick days. Bye for now, Stefan.