Saturday, November 7

Huntington Gardens Free Day

The very beautiful, but expensive to visit, Huntington Library and Gardens has a free day each month. For many years I have meant to do this but failed. Finally, on October 1st at 9 a.m. I remembered to log on to the web and reserve us some free tickets to go the first Thursday in November. It was so easy, and so free! I highly recommend it. The gardens were just as beautiful on free day.

Matilda just recently discovered this old dress of mine stashed in a dresser. I think we missed the window when it fit properly, since it is way too short for a dress now. The color is such a vibrant red, it is hard to believe the dress is 30+ years old. I even have portraits of me taken in it somewhere that I am too lazy to dig up and scan for you to see.
But why treat the dress like an heirloom? Instead I let Matilda run wild in it, do somersaults in the grass and get muddy in fountains. She particularly likes how it flares nicely when she spins.
Porter & Tim were looking especially cute at the gardens.
One big, happy family pile.
The kids garden there is especially awesome with fountains for splashing, magnetic sand for sculpting, tunnels for chasing and little doors to pretend you are in Wonderland.
They even had awesome benches for Porter to practice his standing skillz at. (And his open mouth kisses.)
All in all a fantastic afternoon, maybe now I can remember to try again December 1st!

1 comment:

Max's and Paul's Dad said...

A nice story, great photos and a likable family! Best wishes to LA, Stefan