Thursday, November 5

Big Sister

Lately 3.5 seems to be killing me. I don't have enough patience and endurance to navigate through all the possible pitfalls each day to avoid hitting at least one huge temper tantrum over some minutiae. Matilda occasionally unleashes her wrath verbally about Porter (to us), but never at him. She is generally so sweet and amazing with him that it often gets her out of the doghouse for other missteps with us.

This morning while out shopping I had forgotten the baby carrier so I decided Matilda could hold Porter on her lap in the cart while I retrieved our new vacuum from a high shelf at Fry's. They were both so pleased with the moment that I had to pause and capture it.
Then later in the car, (Same errand trip, but yes, Matilda had an outfit change. A girl sometimes changes her mind many times in the day about what clothes feel right. Many Times.) Matilda was upset and crying over something (I really have no memory of what - self preservation perhaps) and she wailed, "Porter make me feel better and hold my hand!" I looked back and saw just this. She was already smiling and it brought tears to my eyes.

2 comments:

Uncle Brian said...

GREAT POSTING!!!!!! I love nablopomo!!!!!

Molly's Mom said...

I want you to know I am crying as I write this. What a beautiful moment.