Thursday, March 26

Toilet Terror

Matilda had her first experience today with a toilet that flushed automatically while she was still sitting on the "throne." I figured this was inevitable and it seemed to be as horrifying for her as I feared. She leapt straight off the seat into my arms. Thankfully she had just finished peeing so neither of us got too messy from the experience. I tried to put some spin on it immediately saying, "Wow, that was a big surprise wasn't it?" She saw right through me and replied, "I was so scared!" Let's hope this doesn't contribute to any long term public-restroom-phobia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard, if you put your hand over the sensor it won't flush until you take your hand away. This was a parenting tip from my sister-in-law.

Evvie's Mom : )