Thursday, March 26

Back At The Old Zoo

The Old Zoo in Griffith Park has been the site of many great memories for us. Both pre-and post kid we have had picnics, hikes and aerobie sessions there. The day before Matilda was born, while in early labor, we did a big "hike" around the Old Zoo. (I used the word hike very loosely here considering how slowly I dragged myself up the hill.) We held her second birthday extravaganza there. 

Last weekend we found ourselves there again mucking around. Tim took the picture below of M posed in the same spot where he got my photo during that labor-hike (a photo I can only find here). It is astounding to see where three years gets you. I think the proximity of M's birthday to my due date for our new baby is making me extra sentimental this year. I can't quite believe what a big girl we have and am getting more excited by the day for this new baby to join our party. 

1 comment:

Stefan said...

I feel with you. It's amazing and terrible how fast the time is gone. Paul will be tomorrow 18 months ... my little baby ... 18 months ... unbelievable ... bye-bye baby ... it makes me a little bit sad, that this wonderful time is over.