Wednesday, March 11

Sing-A-Longs for Uncle Brian

Matilda has been singing non-stop lately, mostly these two songs.

This first one is Down by the Bay (lyrics here, in case you can't quite make them out), an old standard from Girl Scout camp. It was revived around our household when I got this awesome Threadless shirt. Matilda had already sung the song twice through when I decided to pick up the camera. I guess by then she remembered she was still hungry, please disregard the flying soup as she sings:


In this one she starts and then gets mixed up about which song she was singing.


Here you get to hear an abbreviated version of her "Hey Ho" song. Hey Ho is a song Tim made up, sung to the tune of Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones, but with the lyrics altered to sing about going out for gelato. At the very end you can also hear Matilda expressing a little nervousness that someone will take her food away. I am not sure the source of this insecurity, but I do recall she was ravenous this particular lunch and ate an astounding amount of food.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it...she is too cute...so many things to teach her new sister/brother..I wish I could be there to see the house go from a family of three to four...WILD..

Anonymous said...

love it, too ... M is so cute ... the song "Down by the bay" is an earworm, I can't get it out of my head ... my favorite children's song ... good job, Matilda!