Monday, April 5

To Balance Out the Sugar

We had a lovely Easter (aside from the hour or two mid-day when Matilda lost her mind from a massive sugar crash) and I got to do lots of cooking and try some new, yummy recipes. For breakfast: sausage, colored eggs, carrot pancakes and little pan fried pancake-batter-coated-banana slices. The latter two were both from Weelicious, my new favorite site to find ideas from. It is aimed at cooking healthy for kids but has great recipes for the whole family.
For dinner: clams and asparagus. I am always intimidated to cook shellfish but whenever I try it is so quick and delicious. Matilda was beside herself over the clams. Porter still can't have the shellfish but pounded down 6 stalk of asparagus and a huge pile of pasta with parmesan and oil.
For dessert we had fresh rhubarb sauce over vanilla ice cream which always transports me back to my grandma's kitchen at Buttermilk.

No comments: