Saturday, October 31

Nervous

For as much as Matilda LOVES the Wizard of Oz story, she still gets a bit nervous when we act like the characters too much. With her Oz dolls she would never tolerate people doing character voices. In the picture above, Tim had just gotten his costume on and Matilda was a bit skittery around him yet. When she first saw me in my Wicked Witch make-up she was quite hesitant about the whole situation. At the very end of our night, after she seemed to be very warmed up to our costumes, Tim broke into the Scarecrow song, complete with the floppy dancing, and it made M fall over, literally. She immediately scrambled over to me to grab at my hand and tried to change the subject, ignoring Tim's (the Scarecrow's) antics. Terror aside, I think she had an awesome Halloween and I think we won't be able to get her out of those ruby slippers for weeks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome - I love the picture of T+M - can we rent them to entertain N? An of course we also hire the "green witch"! Love,F