Wednesday, April 29

Hard Numbers

Same shirt, one week difference:

Today, at one week, Porter is just about back at his birthweight. I cannot believe how big this kid is that was in my belly. I guess I can forgive him the stretch-marks that he gave me ONE DAY before he was born. It seems cruel the only stretch-marks I got appeared so late in the game but I will count it as another badge of motherly pride or something. And really they were mild so I have no business complaining. 

Now it's time for some facts. Maybe if I lay the numbers all out with the public it will motivate loss a bit better.

Total pounds gained: 33.5
Pounds lost at delivery: 11.5
Pounds lost at 1 week postpartum: 17.5

So far each morning I wake up and have lost 1-2 pounds more as the water weight falls off but I think that period is soon over. That means 16 pounds left to lose the hard way. Time to stop indulging in multiple desserts per day and start taking some walks again.

1 comment:

Uncle Brian said...

It blows my mind that you have another baby and that in three years he is gonna be running around talking up a storm like Matilda is now and she is gonna be six!!!!!! ( And if history repeats itself he will walk in on Matilda's soccer teamates when they are changing. haha score one Porter)