Monday, February 16

A Most Productive & Satisfying Weekend

My nesting tendencies have manifested mostly in the intense urge to tear apart every corner of the apartment, sort, discard, weed out, and re-organize. I am selling or giving away everything Tim will allow on Craigslist, making multiple trips to the Goodwill, and this weekend alone generated 4 paper bags worth of shredding. We had several years worth of bills, bank statements (back to 1998) and repair receipts from cars we no longer own in our filing cabinet - a bit absurd it seems. 

Tim indulged me and we used our long weekend to tackle many of the household projects on our To-Do-Before-April list. Matilda indulged me by finally deciding to use the toilet. I don't want to jinx it by saying more, but we seem to have finally made some progress in the bathroom-department. We stayed home almost the entire weekend, close to the potty and plugging away at getting through the endless piles of stuff cluttering every corner. While it doesn't provide many entertaining photos to post here, it feels awesome to have accomplished so much. 
Matilda's first pedicure, reward for some amazing potty-training progress. She wanted blue nail polish, which I thought I had somewhere but couldn't find after much searching, so she settled for Aunt Gia's-wedding-red. 

No comments: