Monday, January 5

Negative

We are solidly in a "no" phase right now. I have no idea when it started, if it escalated slowly or just suddenly appeared. Regardless, for the past two - three days Matilda has been only able to say "NO." Sometime over the weekend she also learned to say "no way," which she will now yell instead of a simple "no!" It is quite impressive. The first few times I almost laughed each time I heard this smart aleck response but the novelty has since worn off. At one point today I was terribly tempted to ask her all sorts of trick questions (Do you want some chocolate? Would you like a new present? Do you want to go to the zoo?), just to see if she would say anything other than no. At one point today it hit its peak when I had reprimanded her about something minor and then left her bedroom. M stood in there for a solid 5 minutes yelling no, until she finally ventured out into the living room, only to tell me no some more. 

No comments: