Thursday, January 29

Christmas Sewing

I meant to post pictures of some of my holiday sewing projects, after they were doled out at Christmas, but got distracted until now. Matilda was gifted this art portfolio for her 2nd birthday and it has gotten us through many restaurant meals, plane trips and doctors waiting rooms. After searching around a bit online I found this tutorial as a launching point to try making my own. I tweaked the design a bit and after making several versions was happy with the final results. Below you can see the small, crayon version I made for most of the little ones on our list and a larger colored pencil version I created for the one big girl present we needed. 
I also fell back on my old standard of initial shirts for several girls including the one below for Megan and a matchy set for Gigi (seen modeling hers here) and her new sister Cate. All the remaining small babies got another of my less glamorous but practical, sewing stand-by: bibs.    

No comments: