Tuesday, January 27

Alphabet Baby Shower

This past weekend we threw a shower for Sarah & Gaurav's new baby, due in 3 short weeks. I decided on an alphabet theme for the shower & got a little carried away with ABC everything. We had letters strung from the ceiling, alphabet blocks & books for decoration, even ABC shaped sugar cookies in place of the traditional cake. For activities rather than torture everyone with belly measuring or baby food tasting games I made an "ABC book" that each guest had help fill in by drawing a picture corresponding to the letter of their choice. Here you can see Elissa filling in the letter F page. 
Tim did the noses:
Even Gaurav got in on the action with kites, one of my favorites. 
Adam got some better pictures than I remembered to take (seen on Flickr here), especially of the cookies, decor and letter guessing game (guests had to guess how many letter beads were in the jar and the winner won a gelato gift certificate).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I love all your ideas from the baby shower and I will be throwing one myself in a couple months with the ABC theme. I was just wondering what brand wooden blocks did you used...I really like the colors and they match up well with the colors I plan to use. Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

I love all your ideas....Where did you purchase the wooden blocks....I love the colors!

KK said...

The blocks are just Cisco brand blocks from Target. I had wanted the Melissa & Doug set that come in a wheeled cart but couldn't find them in my last minute-prep frenzy of running around. They are a bit small for a young baby to actually play with, but fine for my almost-three year old.