Friday, November 14

Nearly Halfway

I had high hopes of getting all my sewing related Christmas projects finished before December 1st but I can already see that is a hopeless cause. I am still batting around 2 or 3 ideas for most of the little kids I want to sew for and haven't even started my endless trips to the fabric store. Somehow each project I attempt generally requires at least 2 trips to a craft/fabric shop. For Matilda's Wonder Woman costume alone I went three times (maybe even four, I forget). So if I were to actually finish my Christmas sewing by the end of the month that means I need, on average, one trip daily to Jo-Ann Fabrics.

I also have to admit that the blogging everyday thing has been not-so-bad. I am sure that admitting this is only ammunition for Uncle Brian's continual harassment for more posts but I am kind of shocked by how easy it has been. Who knows how entertaining everyone else finds all these Matilda stories,  but Tim & I are blown away by how funny she is lately. It seems easy to fill blog posts with her funny language development, the new connections she is making and just plain goofy anecdotes from her life. Regardless of how riveting it all is, I am just glad that they are recorded somewhere. An actual paper baby book for M is one of the many goals we have on our to do list before the arrival of "Baby 2." At the rate I am going on the holiday sewing I am positive we will start on that list by late January.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to suggest an idea for December, navidpomo, in which your avid readers get a video a day. Just an idea.