Sunday, November 6

Muddy Buddy

Gaurav & I (and our big cheering section) braved the chilly 40 degree temperatures and rain to participate in the muddiest Muddy Buddy race yet. It poured rain on us the whole time making the 6 mile course really slick and treacherous. 
Porter helped to keep me warm as we wait at the starting line for our start time.
 I mostly ran with the bike during my bike legs of the relay as I was too nervous to bike on the sloppy trails.

Sarah got the best pics of the day I think, catching us as we emerged from the mud pit finale. 
 Crazy muddy people
Grammy got a nice shot of us all afterwards. (She'll be visiting this whole next week and is posting pictures faster than me if you want to follow our adventures.)
Cold Muddy Buddy
When it came time for the Mini Muddy Buddy race this year, Matilda backed out. We had already pre-registered for it, but I was almost thankful that she passed. I was so freezing cold afterwards being all wet and muddy and Matilda would have been a disaster to get cleaned up. Poor delicate California girl that we are raising does not like to get cold! Instead I will leave you with the pics from last year's race where you can see I seemed to have worn the same outfit for the 2010 race! The whole affair was done by 11 a.m. and we all climbed back into the car to head home for hot showers, hot pho noodles and a cozy nap. The perfect ending to a cold, exhausting morning.

No comments: