Thursday, August 19

Thumbless

OK, so Tim recalls that in a toddler zoo class long ago he & Matilda put socks on their hands to simulate what it would be like to grasp things without thumbs. This seems to fall in line with the primate theme but still does not explain why the socks were sent home. I will comfort myself with this theory and try to avoid further speculation.

Matilda is really enjoying the zoo camp as far as we can tell. She is not one to recall in any detail at all what they have done each day so we are pretty much in the dark. One of the counsellors told us that yesterday was lemur day. Here you can see her sporting her "stinky lemur tail" that she made while she sucks down her post-zoo treat of chocolate milk. It was such a hot day yesterday and she was so flushed when I collected her from the zoo that I decided she need some hydration stat. (It wasn't at all that I myself wanted an iced coffee; no, not at all.) She is looking so concerned because she was terribly stressed out that Porter or I were going to try and score some sips of her precious, precious beverage. You can also see her camp shirt which the kids all have to wear everyday. (We were given two of them but I am currently doing laundry!) She loves it so much because it is her favorite color AND features her beloved condors.

No comments: