Wednesday, December 23

A Pigeon! (Shhh, don't tell Matilda)

When Matilda was dictating her Santa list to me, she stated she wanted a shirt with a pigeon on the front and buttons on the back. I have no idea where this inspiration came from, but with a little more late night sewing tomorrow, I think it will happen! And the really great part of this gift is that it is essentially free because I found the shirt at a children's clothing resale shop where we have some store credit left, I am using all fabric remnants to create the bird, and the buttons will come from an old stash from my mom. Although, I make take some liberties and put the buttons on the shoulders rather than the back. I just can't shake the feeling it will be too uncomfortable to wear with buttons poking her in the back.

No comments: