Tuesday, December 22

Gleam in his Eye

At Porter's last check up, the pediatrician asked about baby proofing. She commented that he had "that look" in his eye, like he might be trouble. It is becoming increasingly apparent that she was right. Today, as I was preparing dinner, I let Porter entertain himself by walking around the opened dishwasher. He loves to cruise around the edge of it and thump on it. Porter was quite occupied and I went about making soup. After a few minutes, Tim walked by and realized Porter had reached way back into the racks and scored himself a dirty spatula. The boy was going to town on the mayonnaise-y dressing I had made for coleslaw at lunch; he screamed bloody murder as we took it away and wiped him down.

Not two hours later, he was sitting on the bathroom floor playing with some bath toys when I walked away for a moment to do something. When I walked back I found him like this:
He was so pleased with his situation, doing a little proud happy dance and cooing when we discovered him. He had pulled himself up on the toilet and was busy rubbing his hand around in the bowl.

Also, we got some packages today:
You can tell we have a free shipping subscription on Amazon this month.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Oh. My. Lord.

I will leave it up to you to decide which of the stories in this double-post I think is shocking.

KK said...

Just doing our part for the carbon footprint.