Wednesday, August 19

Weekly Menu

Some weeks I can barely think of what to cook, so I thought I would share what's on the docket for this week's meals in case you need some inspiration. If I don't make a plan & grocery shop with a list of things to eat for the week, I get to 6pm each night and am at a loss for how to feed us. Half this meal plan has already been eaten since I didn't manage to get this post up on Sunday as planned. Here's the weeks market haul, minus the seafood which was already in the fridge:
I usually just plan out 5-6 entrees (for dinners and some lunches) and a bunch of sides that can be mixed and matched. Each afternoon I'll then choose what to cook depending on how much prep time I have, what needs to get eaten sooner, and what we feel like eating that day. Here's what we have going for this week:
  • Calamari with arugula - This is a super fast meal we have often on Sunday afternoon after market. Instead of using the grill we just throw the calamari in our grill pan to expedite the process.
  • Red Snapper with olives, capers and tomatoes - First time trying this recipe; as you'll see from all the links, I often just sit at the computer and search with key ingredients to figure out a recipe.
  • Fresh tomato-thyme sauce over pasta (I've been putting those tiny fresh mozzarella balls in this, instead of ricotta)
  • Broccoli tofu stir fry (This recipe is a bit bland as written, I add more garlic, ginger & often other spices)
  • Turkey sausage, garbanzo bean & pasta soup - recipe from mom maybe?
  • Tomato sandwiches - Fresh bread, tomatoes mayo & salt. Perfection. We seem to have hit peak tomato season here and are loving it. Heirlooms are down under $3/lb!
  • Smoked salmon rolls - Tortilla, salmon, and arugula eaten enthusiastically by M for lunch today. I would have offered cream cheese too, but I knew she did not want any creamy substance sullying her precious salmon.
  • Pan roasted eggplant with shallots and capers - recipe from Two Dudes, One Pan cookbook, my current favorite (M is currently a caper freak)
  • Sauteed zucchini - also from Two Dudes
  • Corn
  • Green salad (twice at least)

No comments: