Sunday, August 16

10 Things I Did Instead of Blogging This Week

10. Had a snake dangled over my head.
9. Cheered Porter as he's starting to sit up and mastering control of his hands to grab all the things he's been drooling after for the past month. (No, we didn't actually let him play with the rubber-band ball; we are not quite that neglectful.)
8. Taught M how to hold her own puke bucket (during a very short-lived & mild stomach bug). Long after she stopped puking she would run into the bathroom claiming she needed to "spit" & sit like this with her bucket. Poor thing.
7. Lost one measly pound. I think I might never again reach my pre-baby weight.
6. Went to the preschool "mixer" picnic where some moms congratulated Tim on changing Porter's diaper. Just how low is the bar?
5. Went to the Hollywood farmers market alone with the two kids for the first time. While it seems like a huge feat, it wasn't too bad since we were there so early (7:30am!) and it wasn't crowded yet. To celebrate, M & I shared a maple-bacon scone. Yum. Not helping the cause of number 7.
4. Cleaned one of our bathrooms. This may not seem like news but judging by how filthy the other bathroom still is, the cleaning of a bathroom clearly is a huge undertaking.
3. Accidentally bought Sweet, Salty & Nutty trail mix at Trader Joe's that contained peanut brittle. Lucky for Matilda, I sacrificed and picked all the (delicious) brittle bits out so she wasn't forced into unhealthy snacking habits. (Again, number 7.)
2. Went insane?
Or possibly I just look unhinged while attempting to distract the boy from the fact that he's still in the car.
1. Watched an entire season of Dexter. Season 2, to be specific. As usual, we are so behind "real time" in tv land. It was awesome & totally worth being sleep deprived, I think. I managed to convince Tim to stay up extra late several times (even once until 2 am!). This line item was clearly the biggest deterrent to blogging for me since it occupied my normal kids-in-bed-blogging-window.

1 comment:

Uncle Brian said...

GREAT POST!!!!!