Thursday, June 18

Daddy Daughter Time

Matilda & Tim headed off to Georgia this morning for the weekend where M will get another spin in her flower girl dress. This month Matilda has finally started charging out of bed in the morning, rather than yelling to us that she is awake and to come check on her. I am sure this development is all due to Porter since she'll barely talk to Tim or I for the initial 5 minutes or so. She first has to complete her greetings to Porter, asking how his sleep was and if he's busy filling his pants. As Matilda came running in to our bedroom this morning, before she even paused to talk with her brother, she declared that she was, "ready for her adventure!" She also told me that she and Daddy were going to ride a blimp to Atlanta - hopefully the jet will be entertaining enough for her. I am so excited for them to have this time together. And I can't deny that I am thrilled with the thought of the next three and a half days when I can sleep when Porter is sleeping, or take a leisurely stroll, or go for a coffee and read trashy magazines! Who knew that a sleeping little baby is could feel so close to those carefree single days.

No comments: