Thursday, May 29

Another Red Eye Under the Belt

As our flight last night approached I was increasingly nervous. It was the first time Matilda would have to sit still in her own seat, keep her seat belt on, and sleep all crinked up in the crappy airlines seats - not cozy and rocking in my arms. But, as always, M stunned me with how well she did and fell asleep on the flight leaning against her pillow while I did her normal story, song, kiss bedtime routine. Astounding.

Despite only 5 hours sleep she played super hard all day today. Grandma Marge and Grandpa Chris have so many awesome things to investigate that there was minimal time left for napping. M spent hours in the huge yard - there was lots of ball playing, sidewalk chalking, a plastic bug tea party (with aphids on the menu), and even trike riding on some borrowed wheels. Inside time was filled by my childhood heirlooms as M used my easel and then enjoyed her first rocking session on the wooden rocking llama my grandfather made me. Many more days of such fun to follow, but for now I must sleep (as I didn't at all on the red eye due to across the aisle shenanigans). My brain won't even work to figure out how to download pictures on Mom's computer so those will have to wait too.

No comments: