Wednesday, May 28

1 Hour

Headed to the airport momentarily but wanted to record this event since by the time we return I will be sure to have forgotten it: Yesterday Matilda entertained herself, with no assistance from me, for ONE HOUR. It was amazing. She mushed play dough, she played guitar, she danced, she pulled the couch cushions down and bounced all over like crazy, and occasionally she would sneak into the kitchen where I was cooking to steal some chopped vegetables or tofu pieces. I thought the day would never come when she could stay self-entertained for so long. Although I did discover during that hour that if I went near the computer she was all over my case, but if I went back to the kitchen she was back to self-play. So I guess the moral is that for M less mindless internet surfing is better.

No comments: