Friday, January 15

Water Baby


Tim & Porter went to P's first swim class today, at the aquatics center where Matilda used to take classes. Porter seemed to really enjoy it, aside from the dunking part. When I took M there for lessons they never did any dunking, which I thought was good. The swim lesson philosophy back then was to let the kids get comfortable to put their face in the water on their own. I didn't realize anything had changed, and neither did Tim, who hadn't attended the classes with baby Matilda. Regardless, I think we will be skipping the dunk portion next week, much to Porter's relief.

Porter's reaction to the pool was to go limp like a noodle.
Pop goes the weasel. Matilda was super excited for Porter & went crazy when they started singing "Pop Goes the Weasel" because she remembers that from her swim days. M was fairly insistent that she was going to get in the pool, too, so after watching Tim & Porter for a few minutes we disappeared to the playground next door. We were majorly distracting Porter, I was feeling bad about depriving M of pool time, and I was also really sure that if we stayed there long enough M would end up somehow falling into the pool. She was so amped up about it all (picture her vibrating) and couldn't manage to sit still to watch or stop fussing with all of the toys/floaties/safety equipment.
Porter enjoys the warm pool.
I cannot refrain from making a man-boobs joke here. I think the best part about swim class was seeing Porter in his little swim trunks. A topless baby is always a funny thing.

No comments: