Wednesday, January 6

Ice Skating

If I had a life list of things I want to experience before I die, taking my daughter ice skating would be on it. I skated tons growing up, but don't get the opportunity to much here in LA. While in the Bay area last week, I finally got Matilda onto the ice and we had a blast.
I was tempted for a moment to get her the two bladed strap on kind, but we got the real deal figure skates in their smallest size. She did really well, and was just as excited as I was about the whole endeavor.
There were no casualties, although I did have many moments where I was sure we would pull her elbow out of socket again!
After getting her confidence up, M took a few turns on the ice with our old friend Sarah.
Happy, happy ice skaters.

4 comments:

Uncle Brian said...

SOOOOOO jealous!!!!!! We have to make it a point to try and skate on the pond next winter.

KK said...

I completely agree! Maybe the zamboni shed can go behind the tipi!

Anonymous said...

Our pond is ready to figure skate - with mini-bar for mom and dad ;-) Frusl

Grandma Marge said...

Seems like just yesterday we were shoveling and skating the pond at Shaffer Road! Looks like so much fun....thanks for the great pictures!