Sunday, April 8

Gigantic Bunny

In keeping with the bunny theme established Friday, we used Saturday to go in search of more rabbit adventure. We recently discovered one of our regular vendors (Tim's radish suppliers) at the farmers market, Underwood Farms, has a big farm stand and lots of "bringing you back to the farm" activities. Not only did we have a fantastic time, but we saw the largest bunnies I have ever witnessed in person. Thumper, the largest one on the right is a whopping 21 pounds. I bet that eagle at the zoo would be pretty excited to meet him.

The bunnies were brought out as part of a farm animal show. Matilda was beyond excited by the sight of the animals on stage and spent the entire program screaming and pointing. The pinnacle of screeching was reached with the duck. Ducks are quite near the top of Matilda's favorite animal list lately and I think the sight of one in someone's arms might have changed her world view.
I also must mention the sky walks they had for the pygmy goats to roam between several enclosures. I think my dad's livestock deserve such luxury and will pitch it as his next big summer project.

No comments: