Wednesday, April 18

The Gears Are Turning

It is amazing to see how much Matilda understands now. She only says a few words, but she is able to follow so many instructions all of a sudden.

Commands she correctly executed today:
Hand Mommy the giraffe/lion/zebra puzzle piece
Sit down in the bath tub (x10)
Bring me the ball
Get ready for dinner (she went and stood by her high chair)
Hand Mommy that ______ to sniff (she will give me most items, even forbidden ones, if I pretend I want to smell them)
Sniff the ________
Pull the giraffe (a musical pull toy)
Go get your toothbrush
Tell me what the monkey/cow/doggie says
Point to the duck/frog/dog in a book
Push the red button (to make her ball popper toy start)

Commands she chose to ignore:
For the love of god please stop screaming
Don't eat that piece of carpet lint/garbage/unidentified crud
Please lay still a moment for this diaper change
Stop biting your mothers' arm/boob/nose

No comments: