Sunday, December 3

No Runners Here

Matilda and I went to cheer Sarah and Gaurav this morning in the City of Angels Half Marathon. Unfortunately I did not pay attention to the finer details of the race course and we were stationed on the road that runs along the river, rather than on the bike path where the runners were actually passing. We ended up just watching a homeless lady as she went through her morning rituals and cheering a few dog walkers. Matilda didn't mind the lack of runners and was quite entertained watching the fountain and spying on these guys doing some sort of Tai Chi with sticks.

Regardless of the blunder my thoughts are with you S & G - hope you make it past mile 8 and that no one (i.e. Gaurav) feels the need to toss any cookies on the curb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SORRY! I think it was my lie re: Riverside Drive that led you astray. BUT, thanks for enabling our run and coming out to cheer - we sensed Matilda and you as we ran by on the LA River bike path. We both finished - Sarah sub-9 minute miles and I sub-10 minute, AND without any violent expulsion of partially digested stomach contents. All is good. Thanks!