Thursday, December 21

Getting There

My Mom passed on to me her love of lists. Like her, I will write things on my list just so I can then check them off. She says she gets little endorphins from checking things off. My DONE list is steadily growing and the TO DO list is shrinking. The Christmas cards won't go out on time, but we figure the baby is a good excuse for a delay. Tonight I made Bourbon Hot Fudge Sauce and canned it for Tim's gift to his co-workers. By the end of the process there was chocolate on everything. As I put Matilda to bed I noticed she even had fudge sauce on the front of her pajamas.


DONE:
  • 12 jars of hot fudge sauce canned
  • 14 Pointy Kitties sewn and mailed/delivered
  • copious amounts of cookies, brownies and fudge sauce consumed (note to husband's vendors: please stop sending Tim gift baskets filled with sweets - it does not make him utilize your business more, it only makes his wife fatter.)
  • shopping done for everyone who required mailing (except my immediate family, who thankfully recommended Christmas in January when we see them!)
  • tree obtained, house decorated
  • grocery shopping done for dessert of the month and for mom's traditional Christmas morning rolls I will attempt to make
  • Santa visited (photos coming)
  • Christmas cards retrieved from the printers

To Do
  • finish shopping for Tim (always the hardest person on my list)
  • make Onalee's Swedish cookies to package up, also for Tim's co-workers
  • wrap, wrap, wrap
  • keep Matilda out of the wrapped presents
  • make said rolls and pudding
  • figure out what to cook for Christmas dinner (any suggestions?)
  • write, address and mail 100+ cards
  • clean house (optional)
  • finish two more kitties, make one more from scratch
  • make some of these with leftover kitty felt - probably a January project along with stockings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my girl! When in doubt, make a list.