Tuesday, August 12

Kindergarten and Third Grade

Here we go, another whirlwind day of firsts. Both kids were super excited for school to start today. Porter is really happy to be going to Matilda's school now, and Matilda was just about bursting with pride over her new kindergartener today. (Sob.) They both got the teachers they were wishing for. As Matilda said this morning, this might be the best year ever!

Matilda was on cloud nine this morning yelling hello to everyone and seeing all her friends again.


Porter marched right up to the front when his teacher (the same kinder teacher that Matilda had!!) called them. He held his own as line leader and turned back to call out a goodbye to us before leading the class in. So proud. 
  This boy!
Now I just need to shake this panicky feeling of how to most efficiently use my kid-free time. I can't think of the last time I had 6 hours to myself. I think bon bons on the couch are in order, stat.

No comments: