Friday, January 12

Give My Baby Back Please

Today while shopping I was carrying Matilda in the Bjorn, as is customary for us. She was asleep and facing my chest for a while. When she woke up I wanted to flip her around so she could flap with excitement at all the dogs, pigeons and fountain that came into her eye line. While paying for my purchase, I set her between my feet on the very clean floor at Banana Republic in the fancy schmancy Grove mall. The woman in line behind me, who was already trying to engage Matilda, took this opportunity to bend down and pick her up. She picked up Matilda. From between my legs. Without asking. It was quite entertaining. I wasn't too concerned as I was certain I could outrun her and I had already heard a salesperson mention that she worked there in some capacity. I let her keep Matilda for a moment more, talking to her (in Spanish only) and oohing and aahing over her. Then I loaded Matilda back up in the Bjorn and we went about our business, as if that was perfectly normal! At the time I was quite perplexed, but in retrospect I am guessing maybe she was mortified I put her on the floor and was trying to somehow rescue this poor child. Who knows.

1 comment:

Adam said...

Wow - that's incredible. "I wasn't too concerned as I was certain I could outrun her." (!!)

Curiously, my 'word verification' to post this is comment is, "iacok". Seems like ol' Blogger is having a laugh at my expense.

-Adam