Thursday, October 25

Hungry Artist

Due to the fires this week (which are not threatening us directly, but have resulted in horrible air quality) we have been trying to stay entertained with indoor activities. In desperation I have been busting out the art supplies. Matilda really loves to color/paint/sculpt for about 30 seconds. After that it is all about how much of the crayon/marker/paint/play dough she can eat before I say uncle and pack it all up. This photo does not really do justice to exactly how black your teeth look after eating the tip of a black marker. I can also report that black markers really look blue on the other end and someone at the diaper service is going to be perplexed this week. The markers which were non-toxic were less concerning than the Play Doh which very clearly said "not for consumption" and had no reassuring non-toxic statement. I think next time I will try out my mom's old play dough recipe.

1 comment:

Stacy @ Sweet Sky said...

Hi -- I found your blog via the randomiser on NaBloPoMo and bookmarked it... So now I am here to leave a random comment...

I think making play-doh is a great idea. I started making our own about a year ago, and it is really great. It doesn't have that weird smell and you can add natural food coloring and essential oils to make it extra special.